"Our task is with to-day, not yesterday. Our mission is to improve, not to reform."
Later it said,
"Singers go in cycles; so do all art, religion, politics, knowledge. You cannot shine all time. There must be periods for growth and recuperation. Changes in conditions on certain sides of life bring changes on other sides. Let us take up our task as we find it, ready with strong love of our art to try simply and honestly to 'clear the way' a little for those who are to follow."
I don't want to provide much commentary, but I thought they provided a helpful perspective on life.
In other news, I cleaned some more of the attic today. It has been a long and slow process, but you can now walk across the attic without stepping over huge piles of things. I still have several boxes to go through and many stacks of paper to organize, but it is coming. Maybe someday I will even be able to have a good workspace up there.
No comments:
Post a Comment