Tomorrow is the 100th day of school this year, which calls for a little bit of reflection. My students came in not knowing how to act, how to think, how to button and unbutton their pants by themselves. Now they are reading one and two vowel words. They can count to 100 by 1's and 10's. They know how to hold their pencils and can write neatly if they want to. Staying in their seats is no longer a novelty, putting their pencils away is almost a habit, and daily routines are established. I am proud of the accomplishments of each one of them. And I love them each dearly.
In the next 70-some days, they will be learning to read even more. They will learn to count by 5's and 2's. They will get in the habit of writing their names neatly (hopefully). They will learn to work independently and when to ask questions when they don't understand.
They are beginning to go from being babies to being little boys and girls.
And I get to be a part of it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment