The month of December seemed like a blur. All the plans for Advent and finishing up the year strong flopped when we got Covid the week after Thanksgiving. The boys didn't have it that bad, only a day of fever and a few days of not feeling well, but it took about a week for it to run its full course for Thomas and I. I lost my sense of smell and taste, as well as my singing voice.
Just when we were beginning to feel better, a close friend died suddenly. In the midst of the shock, I was supposed to be preparing for a special Christmas service and think about packing for our Christmas trip to Georgia.
We first visited my sister in Savannah for a few wonderful days, then drove across the state to visit Thomas's side of the family. There were visits and gifts and games and walks and plenty of relaxing times. But before I knew it December was over.
It is already the first week of January. I'm not ready for school to start back up. Nevermind that we started back on Thursday, I'm still not ready. I wanted to plan and set goals for the year to come and reflect on the past year, but I just sat staring at a blank page. I both had all thoughts and none at all. The new year has started and already I'm behind.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. 2022 was a year of loss for us too. Hope 2023 is treating you better. <3
ReplyDelete