Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Projects

Project: an undertaking that requires multiple work-sessions, fuels creativity, has a practical outcome, and gives a sense of accomplishment when finished.

The problem with projects is that I start too many of them, so they take forever to finish. I was contemplating this as I was sewing the hem on a dress I bought the pattern for about 2 years ago. Here are a few of my current projects.

1. Sewing: Dress. I got the pattern for Kate's wedding, but I realized it would take multiple fittings and I only had a week to mess with it, so I never made it. This winter I cut the pieces and have only to finish the hem and the hook at the top of the zipper.

2. House/Sewing: Organizing my fabric. I might have mentioned previously that I have at least 8 boxes/bins of fabric in my attic. This does not count the 5 boxes of scraps that people have given me. I have sorted the scraps into one bin, one box of larger pieces, and the trash can. However, the boxes are sitting in an area of my attic that I would like to use as a play area for the boys.

3. House: Attic. After I finish organizing the fabric, I am hoping to move most of the boys' toys to the attic for rainy day play and such. There is a cubby room that we are turning into a fort. There will be a Lego Table, a stuffed animal hammock, and various other things to aid with TOYS EVERYWHERE!

4. House: Playroom/School Room/Creative Place: Once the toys are moved to the attic, I would like to make our current Playroom into more of a creative space, where we will keep instruments, art supplies, current sewing projects, etc.

5. Writing: Outcasts: I posted the draft, but it has ended up being a bigger story than I first envisioned.

6. Writing: Implications of the Incarnation: This is a play I wrote for the ICS Christmas Program, but am now editing it to be appropriate year round, give it a cast of 10, and get out some of the kinks in storytelling.

7. Reading: Letter for the King (part 4, started a week ago). Our Marvelous Bastard Tongue (chapter 4 completed, started the book in January). Story (first chapter finished, started two weeks ago). The Grand Canyon: Monument to an Ancient Earth (I read the introduction, I got the book for Christmas and look at the pictures regularly). I am trying to read a little of one of them every night, but some of them are more work than others, so they are taking a lot longer.

8. Writing: Blog: Yes, I am trying to update this more often. I have found it helpful to have a written record of the past 11 years. I want to record more of the daily happenings so that in the future I can remember the blessings and trials of each time of life.

Those are some of my current creative projects. There are other things, like organizing the kitchen, getting rid of rummage/junk, putting away coats from the winter, etc that are also on my list and tend to be more pressing. But when I just can't take it anymore, I go escape into my creative projects and get refreshed to work on the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment