I am in the process of reorganizing/spring cleaning my house. It is rewarding and exhausting... and disconcerting to Eamon. When he came into the rearranged living room after his quiet time, he started to cry, "I don't like it! When will you change it to the way it was before!" Now he is ok with it, but it reminded me that someone doesn't like change.
I am very happy with the new living room set-up, but some of the other changes I haven't been quite so thrilled with. For example, I wanted to move the towels and such to the bathroom, but in the current arrangement, it is too crowded (we have no bathroom closet space). We also wonder about the humidity issues... will it cause the towels to become too damp and get smelly, etc.
Then there is my office space. I currently have none, so I have spread out my office stuff all over the house. This is not good! It is very frustrating and I have no ideas how to remedy this problem. One solution is to stop doing everything so I don't have so much office stuff to organize. Another solution is to create an office space for myself somewhere...like in the kitchen or my bedroom... maybe the bathroom would be a good idea. It has a door and is quiet in there...
Of course there is my age old problem of needing to throw stuff away but being haunted by the possibilities of this cardboard box or that random piece of fabric or those pages of little boy pictures or that hand painted pasta bowl.
And there is the many things sitting around because they need to be completed. Little boy aprons, Ragman props, photos and letters to be sent to family. Such complications of an overly creative brain - there is room in my brain for lots of ideas, but not room in my house! I have a dresser of art project stuff for the boys as well as two boxes of my art stuff in the attic! Then there are the 6 boxes and 4 bins of material. And how many boxes of books?
Someday I will get everything just where I want it... and then we will have to move.
No comments:
Post a Comment