I've been on a sewing spree. My creative juices have loved it. My kitchen suffered a bit, and I think, so did the boys, but at times it felt the only way to survive having no car and colds. But it was fun. I made a tent for Eamon's birthday, some superhero masks, some curtains, as well as a few alterations and little projects.
It got me thinking about how creative juices feed other creative juices. When I blog regularly, I think of more things to write about. When I sew regularly, I think of more projects. But sometimes there are odd overlaps. Like this sewing spree was fed by working on my drama curriculum. But the drama curriculum has stagnated because my creative juices were being used elsewhere. And I haven't been able to think about writing anything on my blog because whenever I sit down at my computer I think about how I need to write my Sunday School lessons and my Drama Class lessons, but then I end up watching YouTube videos because I was looking for something to show my drama class and got distracted, or was looking up songs for Sunday School, but saw one of my favorite a cappella artists had a new music video.
So I have some adorable superheroes running around my house. My neighbor has some cute curtains for her daughters' room. My sister has a birthday present that needs to be packed and mailed... But lesson plans are being done the night before being taught.
It makes me frustrated that everything is a trade-off. I can being creatively productive, but then other things get neglected. I can spend some really great time having "school" with the boys for a few days, but then the house gets neglected. I can keep my house clean, but then my hands are sore and cracked. I keep thinking that maybe if I get really organized, everything will get done, but I know that is just silly. There is too much to do, too much to learn, too much to make, too much think about to be able to do it all. But if I do the next thing, at least the next thing will get done. And I have to leave the rest that I want to do in the hands of God, and trust that he will help me choose the best next thing to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment