It is definitely autumn here. The leaves are changing and it is rainy.
While inside, life is crazy. Boys are bouncing off the walls; I can't seem to get anything completed; my counters are cluttered; my floors need to be vacuumed or mopped. I'm tired, exasperated, and just want a break.
But when I go outside, something happens. I love autumn. I love the wet leaf smell. I love the wet road sound. Some beautiful part of my mind that stays asleep all the rest of the year awakens at this time of year. Colors are brighter. Joy, not of the exuberant sort, but of the quiet peaceful sort, fills me.
Am I crazy or out of the ordinary? At this time of year, it sometimes seems like everyone is dreading the upcoming winter, but I am excited by the changing seasons. So much is about death and dying, but a part of me is coming to life. There is talk of cozying up and settling in, and yet I want to go adventuring.
Spring rain is pretty. Summer rain turns into oppressive heat. But Autumn Rain... ah, Autumn rain waters my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment