We thought we had a sleep solution, then we didn't. We thought we figured out why Malcolm was so wakeful in the middle of the night, but then we weren't sure.
But now we have another hypothesis that has been upheld by a series of tests. Eating cheese, especially cheddar cheese, at bed time will cause Malcolm to be awake from 1-4 hours at night. It is not any dairy, only cheese. It is any amount of cheese. So this means for pizza, taco meals, chili, various soups and other meals, we have to have a substitute for poor Malcolm. What makes it harder is that he loves cheese!
In the process of discovering this, I have relied on an old college pick-me-up recipe. Take half a cup of coffee (reheated, fresh, the stuff anyone with discerning taste would never touch), add a packet of hot chocolate mix; fill the cup with water; add a dollop of half-n-half. Drink and have a little more energy.
Somedays it is far more amazing than other day, usually based on how much sleep I have gotten the night before. I think it is also amazing that half a cup of coffee does for me what a pot of coffee does for others. It doesn't take much for my heart to get pounding, so this recipe walks the fine line between pick-me-up and jittery.
Well, now that I have had my morning beverage, I am off to conquer my house... or at least clean the flat surfaces in the kitchen, read to the boys, sew a dress, play with the boys, and, oh, yeah, get dressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment