Monday, November 03, 2014

Static and In Flux

Just some rambling thoughts...

Life moves so fast. It is November now. Just the other day it was August. I raked some leaves last week (I need to do it again) but just the other day I was bemoaning missing the peak of the peonies come up. Each day I get up, take care of the boys, eat lunch, put them down for naps, work, eat supper, go to bed, get woken up a bunch of times, then it is morning again.

It is funny how all of life seems to be this balance between maintaining "normalcy" and the constant change. We aren't really doing anything that different from what we have been doing for the past several years, but life now is so different from what it was a few years ago. Not only circumstances, but also character, perspectives, dreams...

Maybe this is too abstract. But I am still me, but I am not who I used to be. There is the same and change. I still get behind on dishes, which has been the case since... forever, but now they are different dishes and more of them as I feed more people. I still make sausage cheese biscuits, and Thomas still loves them, but now I use the oven and real measuring cups rather than the microwave and whatever cup I have handy. And now I kiss him when I give them to him. Static and in flux.

The season change, but the tree still grows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment