Saturday, September 06, 2014

Some Recent Photos

I thought it was time for a photo post.

The weekend the play rehearsals started, we took a family trip to Clyde Peeling's Reptileland. We wanted to do a zoo trip of some sort and decided on Reptileland after seeing a friends pictures of dinosaurs.
 The boys enjoyed seeing the different animals. The American Alligator feeding was especially significant for Eamon. Since then, he occasionally crawls around pushing his head along the ground. I asked him if he could possibly go a little faster, and he informed me that he was a crocodile, so no he couldn't.
 Malcolm pointed at everything, but liked the butterfly house best. I think his little pointer finger stayed out the entire time.
 When we walked into the dinosaur part, Eamon was a little nervous. We tried to explain to him that they were not real, but he was still scared. We made him touch one to see that it felt just like his toy dinosaurs. Then he had a lot more fun.
 He was still a little intimidated by the Gigantasaurous, which if we did our math correctly, the model is actually closer to the size of a Tyranasaurous Rex and the Gigantasaurous would have been 2-3 times bigger.
 We all had an enjoyable time, though the trip home proved to be longer than we expected since we ran into Little League World Series traffic. But it all turned out OK and the boys did really well in spite of being exhausted and hungry.


 Do you see those little feet? Eamon was hiding because he didn't want Malcolm to play with the toy he had. That is our front door mat. I was a little grossed out because of how dirty it was, but I laughed at the effectiveness of his hiding place.
 Malcolm saw Eamon put the lion sticker on his head, so, of course, Malcolm wanted it on his own head. This was taken the night he learned to walk! I have some video, but not edited yet.
And finally, we found "Henry the Explorer" books in the library, so Eamon plays Henry every now and again. He has his sleeping bag, his backpack, and his flag, ready to find new discoveries. The lean-to is his quilt from Aunt Mary Kathryn, pinned to a tension rod, stuck in our hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment