 |
| Watching the trucks on Poplar St. |
Eamon is sitting on the radiator, playing with a truck on the window sill. He was looking at library books just moments ago, and will probably move to the next thing in just a moment. Yep, now he is dumping out all his cars and climbing up to the piano. For as active as this little boy is, there are times of amazing peace and quiet, even while he is awake. Now happens to be one of them. There are also times of chaos, noise, and getting everything out, and those cause Mommy to feel like she is going crazy. But usually, it is something between the two extremes.
 |
| "Practicing" his piano |
The windows are open. After two weeks of hot and humid weather, I have enjoyed having the windows open all day long. Even if it gets warm in the afternoon, the fresh air is lovely. And I am not minding the nights being in the 50's either. My poor boys wake up shivering as I open all the windows and doors. What can I say, I am pregnant, and my internal thermometer is all messed up.
I didn't really expect to be pregnant this long. I thought that surely this boy would come earlier, but there are no signs that I won't go all the way to the due date (2 more weeks). Of course, I could go into labor at anytime, but as long as the weather says this cool and not humid, I don't mind if baby waits. There are a few projects that I would like to get done before the baby gets here. Like packing our hospital/grandma's house bags, sewing few things, moving some things to the basement, a good dusting, and vacuum of the downstairs; and if I am really fortunate, I would like to clean the kitchen cabinets and move around some of my small appliances.
 |
| 4th of July watermellon |
So each day, I look at what needs to get done and what I want to get done, and try to balance out was I can reasonably get done. Usually it is neither as much as I want or need to complete. But today, I needed to order some photos if I wanted to make use of a sale, so I am sitting at my computer a bit, rather than working on other things.
Eamon is growing up so fast. I know this won't be the first time I say this, but almost everyday, I look at him and see how long he is getting, or the tricks he comes up with, or hear his little voice and think, "What a little boy!" Sure, every morning he still wants his cuddles when he drinks his milk, and when he is sad or hurt, he comes and nestles into me like a baby still, but once he gets his all-better-kiss, he is off and running again. Those little moments remind me to cherish all the other moments too, from the story times to the running around like crazy to the same question five million times: "cookie? chips? cookie? chips? milk? milk? cookie? nuk? cookie? cello? cello? chips?" etc.
 |
| Little bear cuddles on a cold morning |
He still loves his animals, but he is getting into cars and trucks now too. He doesn't really like it when they are too loud and he seems to prefer playing with toys than watching the real ones, but he loves to sit at the steering wheel of cars, trucks, and tractors and push the buttons and pretend to drive. If we go outside and the car is there, he will try to open the car door and crawl in. If he can't he pushes the logo on the front of the car and says, "Beep! Beep!"
 |
| drawing trucks |
He also has been learning the fun of playgrounds. He enjoys sliding boards and merry-go-rounds, but isn't so sure about swings. He loves to climb anything that he can and riding on those springy animal things. But he also has a healthy appreciation for gravity and starts out cautious and gets more and more adventurous as he feels he can do more. He also loves playing in water - he has been talking about "creek" since we went to a park on Sunday that had a creek he and daddy played in.
Every now and again he will put words together to make a sentence, like "Daddy comin' home," and "I wuv oo." But mostly he communicates in single words or combination of single words and pointing. Like when I am making lunch, he points at the peanut butter and says, "Me me me me me" until I put some on his finger for him to lick off. Or "beeg, fas, car, blumm" meaning that a fast car went by out front and he either saw it or wanted me to see it. If he is comparing sizes, the big one is "daddy" and the little one is "baby." If Thomas or I told him no about something, he often tells us later, "no, Daddy, no" meaning that Daddy said no or "owie no Mommy" meaning Mommy told him no or it could hurt him. However, he doesn't quite get the idea of responding to questions or repeating after us. We have some very funny conversations because of this.
 |
| Eamon helping in the kitchen, or is he providing beverages? |
|
So that is a slice of our lives right now. When I write these update posts, I am very conscious of the fact that I am recording this so I don't forget later. Someday, I will come back and read these updates and remember the little slices of life, probably both the unsaid things as well as the recorded things. It is good to remember and good to stop and make notes, so that I can remember later.
He's adorable! I love being able to "see" Eamon "grow" through your pictures and stories. Praying Baby 2 comes at just the right time! :)
ReplyDelete