My house is a mess, but it becoming more and more an organized mess.
After making Valentines, I began to go crazy about the state of my craft supplies. Some were on the first floor in a box, some were on top of that box, some were in the attic in another box, some in a plastic tub. I knew where everything was, but it wasn't organized or together. It still isn't, but that frustration has started some grand projects to organize my house with the culmination of having a craft table in the attic. Along the way, there are some other major projects that have taken priority.
First was the desk swap. My desk is an heirloom from my grandmother. It has been sitting in our ding room, next to the hutch, but to use it I had to bring over a kitchen chair and re-set-up my computer. The computer usually sat precariously on the arm of the couch, though I tried to put it closed on the floor between the couch and the end table when I wasn't using it. Neither place was an ideal location for multitasking - nursing and computer work.
So my mother and I moved the desk around the corner into the living room, right at the end of the couch. Since the desk is a secretary style, it opens right to the edge of the couch. I put my computer there, borrowed a wireless keyboard from Thomas, got out my mouse, and set up my back-up hard-drive. Now I just have to be careful of a neck cramp from turning my head to the side all the time and Eamon stealing the keyboard.
Second was some decorative projects - a necklace frame and an earring dresser. More on those later.
The third major project was setting up Eamon's crib, right where we used to have the dirty laundry. Now all my clean laundry is in my living room and the dirty laundry is at the end of the bed. Not ideal, and beginning to drive me crazy. But necessity is the mother of invention, so we will have to see what I come up with in the next week or so.
Some minor projects were going through my clothes and putting once I haven't worn in a while in the thrift store pile, and going through my pants to see how many of them fit. I have three stretch/athletic pants that fit, one pair of jeans and one pair of capri's. I still have some maternity pants that I wear when I want to look decent. But I have a nice stack of pants that will fit once I loose a few more pounds. I still have my sweaters to go through, but all in good time.
Right now it is too lovely a day not to go for a walk. Eamon is staring at my keyboard, so here is a message from him....
ayh m,2wddsff3 hg vb ytiubhfdfcasA@

I adore him. he's like yeahhh i got this, hai cyberworld her comez Eamon!
ReplyDelete