Thanksgiving Day, we went to my parents for lunch, but not a traditional thanksgiving dinner. Instead we had Stromboli. Of course, we had to have some turkey, so Daddy made one for us. Since it was Mom and Dad's anniversary, they left and all us kids made dinner for ourselves. It was good times.
Friday, we had our usually Thanksgiving dinner with my mother's side of the family. It was so good to see everyone who came and we missed everyone who couldn't. In the afternoon we went on a walk. It was the first time since I had Eamon that we went for a long walk. It was tiring! but felt really good too. I carried him in my moby and even took a few pictures before I handed my camera off to Kate. She got a bunch of great pictures, some of people, some nice artistic shots. I will put them on Facebook.

In past years we travel up to a second or third cousins house for a sing-a-long with my Dad's side of the family. However, this year it was cancelled, so Dad's father, brother and sister and their families came down to our house. We didn't make it out in time for the sing-a-long but we did come for dinner. We met a new cousin and Grandpa got to meet Eamon. I don't get to see this side of the family as much, so it was really good to catch-up a little bit. We did get to sing a little after most everyone had left, but Eamon was not a happy little boy for some of that time.

Then on Sunday, Keith and Katlyn had us over for leftover Thanksgiving dinner. She made a delicious soup and sweet potatoes with lots of molasses. Since they were busy with other family gatherings it was nice to spend some time just with them.
It was a tiring holiday, but a pleasant one also. I learned about how Eamon deals with messed up schedules and lots of people. He was such a good little boy for so much of the time. It let us enjoy the company and let them enjoy him.
No comments:
Post a Comment