Monday was the only day I was a home this week. So I did the dishes and some laundry and worked on our schools website and the Banner website and wrote and worked on some photography stuff and little things like that.
Tuesday is my usual day to teach, then get a ride out to Thomas's work, then voice lessons, the finally home. It is always an exhausting day, but this week wasn't as bad as some because I had a few really good conversations and the kids weren't too bad. Then when I got home and read the reviews of the Real Madrid game, I was a bit more bummed because they had a goal disallowed and there were more comments and criticisms and dumb stuff being said. But at least all four Classicos are done.
Wednesday I went on a field trip with the 3rd-6th graders to the NEPA Philharmonic Young People's Concert. Even though there was a bit of confusion involved, it all worked out in the end, and we had an enjoyable time. The conductor introduced us to the orchestra, both in what the instruments looked like, as well as the way they sounded. I have been trying to do that with my music classes, so it was a perfect music field trip. We even had talked about some of the music in our classes, so the students were a bit familiar with it. The favorite part of the concert was when the conductor had the audience make a thunderstorm for the orchestra. With hundreds of kids rubbing their hands and tapping their fingers and then clapping, it really did sound like a rain storm. It was amazing to just listen to. Unfortunately, after that, the kids became a little more rowdy and it was difficult to settle them back down.
Thursday is my other usual day in to teach. I only have 7 1/2 days left to teach! It was a normal day. Nothing exciting happened. I finished doing laundry and we went to our friends house for dinner, stayed late, then had to go food shopping, so we didn't get home until really late. So I listened/watched YouTube music videos (from Dala and Mumford and Sons) and then we went to bed.
Friday, I wanted the car. So I went with Thomas to work, brought the car back into town and went to the school to help out with corrections. Some of the kids are so far behind, and there are certain things they just don't understand, so I come and tutor/help them correct their answers. I felt very productive. Then I had a high school girl over and we made Creme Caramels. It was a lot of fun and they were yummy. As I was taking her home, and going to pick up Thomas, the car started acting funny for me, like not wanting to shift correctly. But when Thomas drove, it behaved nicely. I don't know if it was something I was doing or what was wrong. I hope nothing, because Thomas did take it to get it's oil changed this morning, and it does need some other work on it, and we don't want it to be too expensive.
Now today is catch-up day. Clean the house, make cookies, work on Mother's Day dinner (for my mother), work on the Banner and write lots of things - reviews, blogs, essays, skits, etc. Then hopefully watch an exciting game of soccer where the team I am cheering for plays amazingly and wins, and tonight maybe watch a movie with Thomas or maybe read a book or something like that.
Then we will be on to a new week! Hopefully a little less busy and a lot more exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment