Friday, April 29, 2011

Nap

I took a nap today. It was a lovely nap. But the best part was waking up. I woke up, but I didn't get right up or feel bad about having fallen asleep. I just kept lying on my couch, looking at the clouds out the window, and the tulips beginning to drop their petals. I listened to the silence of a still house and the quiet voice of my imagination. I was so relaxed and restful.

Then I heard Thomas come home, but I didn't get up. I kept lying there, and called "Hi" and "How are you?" from where I was. He came into the living room, so I held up my arms and he knelt down and gave me a great big hug.

Then I sat up and was all the way awake, very happy to be alive and awake.

I think that if I woke up that way all the time, I would be a much more balanced person... though perhaps an even lazier one too. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes taking a nap is just the thing.

    ReplyDelete