Friday, October 15, 2010

Things that made my day

1. Fun dreams: I had some crazy dreams right before I woke up. One was a mystery and I didn't want to wake up until I had solved it.

2. Oatmeal for breakfast: We ran out of cereal and I don't really like oatmeal, but I added brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and it was really good, especially with my cup of coffee.

3. Paul and Peter: I read Galatians 2 for devotions and found it very encouraging and convicting. I haven't really meditated on that passage before, but as I did today, the passion for the gospel let Paul confront Peter, but not condemn him. I think there is a lesson to be learned on both sides of the issue, but whether I am being confronted, or confronting someone, a love for the gospel needs to be the most important thing. Paul points out how the issue is being perceived, why it is wrong, but then identifies himself as needing Jesus just as much as Peter, who is the one he is confronting. There was too much to summarize anymore.

4. Various phone calls made and received: I have a great family and some wonderful friends too, and I am slowly overcoming my fear of making phone calls...

5. Soccer Game: I watched a replay of Germany vs Kazakhstan while I folded laundry and ate lunch. I really enjoyed the game, and the commentators were really good too. They talked not only about the technical aspects of the game, but how managers motivate and encourage players during the game. It helped that two of the Germany players also play for Real Madrid. (numbers 6 & 8 in the picture)

6. I just read and watch some things about the Chilean miners' rescue. Pretty amazing stuff going on there. Very encouraging.

7. Getting lots done, but lots more to do. Maybe during Spanish today we will make cookies, since I haven't done that yet and needs to before tomorrow.

8. Guests tonight: I am a little nervous but also kind of excited about having our pastoral candidate and his family have dinner with us.

9. Chocolate: Because we don't have anymore cookies, I had some amazing chocolate after lunch. (Oh, I should think about dessert for my guests...) Lindt 70% dark chocolate, I think. Yum! The 65% (I think) was also amazing. I love the way good chocolate melts in your mouth slowly, but doesn't get sticky and mushy too fast. Happiness!
10. My favorite thing on the earth: Thomas. What more can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment