Chocolate Carmel. In one month, we will be finishing up the play. I am beginning to realize how much I have to do. Being the director and the art department is good, but I forgot that I had to do both. So many people have offered help, I just need to get back to all of them now. Next week we are off book and we are beginning to have lots of props so the kids are getting excited.
Chocolate Truffle. I am really enjoying fall. I know it is wet and windy and cold and cloudy, but it is so invigorating to hear the wind and the leaves are beautiful, and my head are heart are amazed by the beauty.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry. I have been reading Annotated Alice again. The Alice stories are so full of word humor, inside jokes, puns, funny images, and I love it. It has been so good to read it while directing because then we can bring out some of this richness that didn't make it into the play. However, trying to find a suitable tune for "Beautiful Soup" has been very difficult.
Mocha: The Christmas Pageant is beginning to happen. We now have 14 people, only 5 actors, but we might ask the others to say something too. The next step is giving out scripts and asking people to do specific parts. Then work up a practice schedule... ugh. I really don't like making practice schedules. I always forget something or someone can't come on a really important date or something else happens. I try though.
Vanilla Chocolate. We got a new couch and the couch that I have had since... a long time ago, has been taken away to be burned. There is a mixture of sadness and relief. The old couch was old and falling apart and getting uncomfortable, but there were so many memories of it. I laid down on it one last time before it got taken away and though of how many times I had napped there, slept there all night, done my homework on it, flopped on it, cuddled on it, and I got very melancholy. But Thomas was so glad to be done with it because it really was getting to be rather uncomfortable for long periods of time, that I didn't stay sad for long. The new couch is pastel blue and looks like something out of the "Little Mermaid." It is not quite hideous, but it is far from lovely. We will have to get a slip cover for it.
Mississippi Mud. I have a wonderful husband. (This truffle has been known to make me do a happy little dance as I eat it. It is one of my absolute favorite type. It is a soft dark chocolate center with a dark chocolate outside... oooh, just the thought of it is making my mouth water.)
I read your posts and realized how much I miss my Ros. :-)
ReplyDeleteHope the concert works out at the end of the month!!