I have have a student who tells me every day, "Mrs. Wiley, you are beautiful." It is very charming. These kids give great hugs too. I feel very loved, which is good, because I love them dearly too.
New word from my Kindergarteners. Benext: beside, next to; as in "You can sit benext to me."
We learned "The Farmer in the Dell." This afternoon one of my student began singing, "The Farmer takes the cake, The Farmer takes the cake..."
Thomas took me out to dinner last night for our third anniversary. It was a beautiful evening together. He is such a great guy. Three years ago I thought so, but I didn't know the half of it. He keeps getting better and better - kind of like aging wine.
Speaking of wine, we had some good stuff last night. It was Cabernet Sauvignon, Pepperwood (?) Grove. I don't like much of the wine that I have tasted, but this was smooth and yummy. It went wonderfully with the veal dish that we had. It seems when we eat at The Powerhouse, our taste buds are enlightened. Everything tastes so good, but we also can taste what goes into it. That may not make sense, so you should go try it.
I just began teaching Music Appreciation to some high schoolers. This week I had resigned myself to be a boring teacher, and things went better. I actually ran out of time, rather than the week before, when I had too much time. I am used to 20 minute classes, rather than one hour classes. So my first week I planned one lesson that I assumed would take an hour, but ended up having about 15 minutes to spare. This week I planned 3 twenty minute lessons, and ended up running out of time. But that is ok, because I can always start where I left off next week. I don't have a curriculum to follow or to keep me on track.
I have posted some play pictures on my facebook account, if you are interested.
I can hardly wait for Thanksgiving. I love this holiday the best, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment