Today I got up after my alarm went off. I didn't snooze it. I didn't fall back asleep. I didn't stay in bed long enough for the alarm to go off if I had snoozed it. I was very proud of myself. I was also very proud of how my husband got up too. We got out of the door before 7:30. Go us!
The reason I wanted to get up so quickly was that I was going to go blueberry picking. Daddy had a meeting, so I was going to borrow that car to drive to where Mommy was picking blueberries and join her. I got about half a gallon of blueberries - tiny ones compared to the ones you buy in the store, but really tasty - in about and hour and a half. It was fun to pick and talk with my mom. I got back in time to wash up before my summer school meeting. Daddy left pretty quickly after I got back to the school.
I read in the library which was very relaxing and enjoyable. I found several new ones to read to my students next year. When I came back to the office, I heard that my mom called to tell me that my dad had totaled the van. He is ok, scratches on his face and arm, but it shook everybody up. He was a half mile away from home. If you think of it, please pray for my family. Things are a bit crazy right now and this is just one more thing added to the pile. Thanks.
Not much other news except that I played softball Monday night and had a fun time, but was sore all Tuesday and Wednesday. I think that the relief from pain helped me wake up this morning. But I would definitely play again. I need to practice a lot though.
Thank you for playing so that I didn't have to! I had fun this past weekend hanging out with you, more than normal. I'd like to keep to! Can I invite myself over to your house some day? I've never seen it. =)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your Dad's OK, and I hope the "craziness" you mentioned has settled down some since you blogged. enjoy your next few weeks of summer.... some of us have to go back to school in the next few days. :P
ReplyDelete