Monday, August 04, 2008

Beauty that makes me dance

I went to Camp yesterday to be a SAFA person/babySITer. It was fun. I got to hang out with several Staff in Training girls (one was my sister!) We got ice cream and shirts, picked flowers, watched a movie. I gave them back rubs, and one of them gave me one too!

As I was leaving, I looked up at the stars. I really think there are more stars over Camp. Katie pointed Jupiter out to me too. The sky felt so deep and reminded my of my childish dreams to be an astronaut. The funny thing was that I wanted to share it. Rather than just lay or spin or look, I wanted to show it to others. It almost wasn't enough just to enjoy it. For the joy to be complete, it had to be shared. Since I haven't been able to yet, the memory will sit in my mind. Then maybe, someday you will come to Camp with me, and I will say, "Look up!" and you will be amazed. And I will dance because you have seen the beauty too.

But it is not just about the stars. Every time I get to share the beauty of Jesus with some one and they see some of His amazing-ness too, I want to dance in the same way. I love to see how wonderful Jesus' love was for me. He saw poor, dirty me and loved me, and took my dirt on himself, and died for it, but made me a princess. But he didn't stay dead because of my dirt. He destroyed it forever and rose from the dead. Does it excite you? Are you amazed? Then I will dance because you have seen the beauty too.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm clean! I'm clean! The King has made me clean!" You've just written what I was writing in a letter...

    The scales of self-righteous superiority and bitter criticism begin to peel away. I see others as cleansed (or cleansable) by Jesus and can delight in them, too.

    ReplyDelete