We had a wonderful vacation, but there is something so nice about being at home. It is good to see friends and sleep in my own bed and work at my own desk and be home.
That isn't to diminish the greatness of the vacation though.
The trip down was full of excitement. We left mid afternoon Sunday and entered a rainstorm around Dillsburg and followed it all the way down to Richmond. We almost got squished between a tractor trailer and a car entering the highway. We saw a jeep with its top down driving in the downpour. We were glad we were not them.
On Monday morning, we left later than we meant to, but that is what vacations are for, right? Around noon, we got a flat tire. We changed the tire by the edge of the road. It was wet and drizzling and not the nicest weather, and the tire was the front driver-side tire. Not five feet away from the zooming traffic, my babe was working on the tire. I was scared, but I stood at the end of the car, wearing my cute denim hat and my bright yellow shirt and hoped that I increased visibility so they would move to the other lane. Sometimes they did. Finally we made it to a Wal-Mart where we got new tires (the others needed to be changed anyway) and about three hours from our initial stop we were back on the road. We arrived in Savannah finally. It was a long day.
The next few days we were at the beach. I love the waves! I love looking around historic districts. I love hanging out with my family. It was really nice. I will write more about the waves some other time.
Then we went to the family's home. It was nice there too, very relaxing.
Then we came home. The trip home was boring, Praise God! Although I described the trip down in the most detail, it wasn't the most detailed part. I just don't have time for anything else right now.
Glad you had a good time. I'll look forward to seeing you Sunday (or sooner)!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the trip home was good! :-) and yeah, if it taught me nothing else, my first year of college sufficiently established that there really, really is no place like home...
ReplyDelete