Friday at 11:30 I sent all my little Kindergarteners out of my room for the last time. I gave them all hugs and told them I love them. In one hand they had a folder of papers and a bag of candy (as a gift); in the other, they had a plastic cup with an aloe vera plant in it. About 10-15 minutes earlier they were so excite and happy I thought they would burst. They had just come back to school from my house where we had an end of the year celebration and had gotten a bag of candy that they weren't expecting at all. They could hardly take it all in.
It was a good way to end the year.
Saturday morning I had a dream about them all. They were so sweet in my dream; it made me miss them.
Saturday we took a break, got our hairs cut, and went shopping. Once again the proverb proved true, "Go shopping with Thomas and he will find something and you will not." I bought him a stopwatch which was supposed to be his Christmas present last year, but I couldn't find one. I was looking for some sandals, sneakers, summer casual shirts, and pants/shorts that don't have holes in them. Maybe I am too picky, but Thomas said he didn't see anything that was quite my style either. I am planning to check out the thrift store today. I usually find more stuff there.
I am looking forward to this summer, but I will talk about why some other time.
that is SO true about Thomas! I remember one time Helen and I went shopping and he went along... and he found, like, four great clothes things and we found nothing. fun times.
ReplyDeleteMwahahaha.... I am the doom of all shopping trips!
ReplyDelete(and it was a pocket watch)
Yep, definitely a true proverb. You just need to visit more often so you can go shopping with me. :-)
ReplyDeleteGood to know (to not shop with Thomas)
ReplyDeleteLook! All 4 of us wrote on here! that amuses me.
new blog (in addition to my xanga blog). check it out!
ReplyDeletehttp://stopsextrafficking.blogspot.com/