Friday, February 16, 2007

More Kid Stories

I remembered these after I got home.

Disney Princesses are a big thing in Kindergarten this year. One little girl with big brown eyes and darling curls especially loves them and even has brought her Disney princess book to school. Tuesday morning she was "reading" them. There was no one really listening to her; they were busy unpacking or reading their own books. But she still held up the book, just like I do, to show everyone the pictures and used her story telling voice to read the story. "Cinderella ran into the garden and began to cry. Then her fairy godmother appeared and said the magic words, (singing) Alikazoo, la bibbibity boo, la bibbity bobboity boo. Suddenly (turning the page for dramatic emphasis) a beautiful coach appeared with (counts) 6 horses and driver and other man...

This same little girl quotes Mater, the tow truck, regularly. It is hilarious to see this little princess speaking and using the facial expressions of an uneducated tow truck.

Another girl came to me the other day looking quite concerned. I asked what the problem was and she said, bending her ear just a little, "This ear bends more than the other one." I bent my ear in half and explained that it was supposed to bend and was made of cartilage, which is also at the tip of your nose and makes that bendy too. She opened her eyes very wide and said, "Oh" then looked relieved and went on with her work.

I love my kids...

1 comment: