Saturday, March 12, 2022

It's March Now

I started several blog posts this year, but they have not made it beyond the second or third sentence. However, as I was looking for pictures of the boys when they were babies, I saw that my children's message for tomorrow was very similar to my Christ the King post. I guess those thoughts are still floating around in my mind. 

Also floating around in my mind is drama drama, and how to use each situation to make a better performance. Communication and support hasn't been what I have been accustomed to, so I am having to relearn and rework the way I think about things. I think we are telling a good story, but I also feel like there isn't a lot of acting involved. 

There are still stories floating around my head. Although I finished and refinished my first long story, I have been slow to get into the next part of it. I have ideas and thoughts, but they need to go through the long refining process. It is fun, but it is a lot of work, not something I can just play in my brain with. 

I am already thinking about summer plans and school for next year as well. We are right on track to finish our school year around the end of May. I want to have a few field trips and fun experiences this year, but I am also planning some for next year. 

For our evening stories, we have been reading through the Swallows and Amazons books, interspersed so far with The Next Fine Day, The Wheel on the School, and The White Stag. I am loving reading so many good books to the boys and watching them enjoy and interact with the characters and stories. The other night they were making connections between the herons and the storks in the various books, and wishing they had a boat and a lake to sail on. These stories also play around in my head as I consider the writing style and the characters.

And tonight, after reading about Attila the Hun and the early history of Hungary, I worked on a children's message for church, reminding me of the Christ the King post from November. Now that I have made a full circle, I will close for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment