I have not been taking the time to sit and think recently. There is always so much to do, the even the idea of sitting and thinking has not crossed my mind. However, last week, I felt burned out, like I couldn't handle one more complaint, one more mess, one more house project, one more thing.
Yesterday, Mom and I made applesauce. We talked about this and that, we cut apples, set them to cook down, and ground them with the "Johnny McApple Smasher", we picked raspberries, and we cleaned things up. Well, Mom did a lot of the cleaning while I made supper. When I got home, I was tired, but at the same time, I felt rested.
Today was a day like every other day, with complaints and projects and busyness, but it didn't feel overwhelming. I could sit down and ponder, trying to figure out what is different, what I did, why making applesauce was so good, but I am not going to over-analyze it this time. I'm just going to be thankful for it.
Praise God for bruised apples and halos of yellow jackets.
Praise Him for parents who give and keep on giving.
Praise God for outside play places and dart boards and games.
Thank you, God, for little boy laughter too.
Praise God for fifteen quarts of applesauce, and a little more for supper.
Praise Him for a husband and his wonderful sense of humor.
Praise God for wisdom and comfort and rest.
And thank you, God, for apple smashers too.
No comments:
Post a Comment