Tuesday, June 09, 2020

The week of Lasts

Last week was Malcolm's last day of Kindergarten and the Kindergarten Graduation.


Thursday we finished Eamon's project (due Friday) so Thursday was his last day of school.


Saturday, I planned/helped plan a huge drop off/pick up event for students to return textbooks and Chromebooks and pick up anything they had left at school. We also had the teachers cheer and wish everyone a happy summer. It was the day we celebrated the last day of school with a meal from BK.


Today was meetings, but I have more so it wasn't quite the last day of meetings yet. However, I did schedule our last Town Hall with the high school student for Friday.

In one of the meetings today, Dad asked us to reflect on the year and how God showed his presence to us, then share how we saw God at work in our students. It was good to stop and think, even if it doesn't feel like the end of the year for me yet.

I shared that throughout the year, I would get to a point where I thought, I can't do anything more. I can't take this anymore. I am stretched to my limit. And then one more thing would happen. In those moments of desperation, God reminded me, No, I can't do it, but He can. His power is made perfect in my weakness, and He sure had a lot to work with. I know I messed up plenty, but if I did anything good this year, it was because God guided me.

And like all good endings, new beginnings flow out of them. But the Word of the Lord remains forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment