Monday, November 18, 2019

It has been a long week today

That has been the theme of the past several weeks, and I think I am beginning to feel a little bit burnt out... or perhaps more than a little bit.

I subbed in Pre-K and in the high school. The juxtaposition was both reviving and exhausting. They struggle with such different things, but they both take so much energy.

I had meeting upon meeting, with students, with parents, with teachers, with administration...

I served at a banquet, with an amazing group of students. We served dessert to 150 people in less than 15 minutes. The coffee was ready on time. The kids did their parts well and asked what else they could do to help.

I typed in two chapters from my notebook (first draft) into my shared file (second draft, proofed by my sister), but I haven't made the edits yet. I got interrupted so many times that even writing was exhausting.

I changed the boys clothes from summer to winter, and discovered that we had very few winter clothes, so we went shopping and found some more. I am still looking for some more long sleeve polos, but at least now I have a sweater for both of them.

I didn't check my email regularly; I am up to 103 unread emails. I didn't wash the dishes, though I ran the dishwasher from time to time. I folded some of the laundry, but I still have piles in my living room, and two loads to wash tomorrow.

So I may be a bit overwhelmed. I might be coming down with a cold. I might feel like I don't know what I am doing. But I do know that I am loved, and that is just enough to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment