It has been a long time since I sat down and wrote my thoughts. I tried journaling in a real book this past year. And I wrote down some stories that were floating around in my head. But that has caused my other writing, my processing writing to suffer.
In this past month, there have been so many times that I have thought, I should just sit and blog about that, but the fact that I haven't written in so long scared the thought into inaction. Tonight, after four days at home, I finally feel that I have collected my wits enough to sit down and write, but alas, all those wonderful ideas to write about have flown out of my head.
So instead I am pondering writing and processing and storytelling and how fast life changes. I went back to work, just recess. Then I went back to work part time. Now every day is filled with just trying to survive and get everything done. I am constantly trying to re-work my schedule so that I can get one more thing done, but I am still desperately behind. At the end of the day, I feel that I can barely think, let alone get something done. Is it laziness or exhaustion that keeps me from accomplishing anything after the boys have gone to bed?
But tonight I am writing. Tonight, I am not going to let the physical state of my house determine what I have gotten done. I will remember the outline that I worked hard on over the past few days. I will plan how to accomplish the next set of goals. And I will, eventually, get around to throwing out those piles of unfinished projects on the play room table, and in boxes in the attic, and scattered around the house. I will focus on what projects are most important to me (and my family) and keep them, while accepting that some of these projects are not mine to do.
That is my resolution for the year. Choose which projects to focus on, and work on them. Maybe that will be the processing of another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment