I'm babysitting a cello.
The poor thing. When we got it home, I couldn't pay any attention to it for hours, but when I finally finished morning chores, I got it out. Its strings were loose. Its bridge fell right off. Two strings completely loosened and slipped out of the fine-tuners. I have a feeling that the temperature and humidity changes of the past few weeks didn't do it any favors.
But I put the strings back on, placed the bridge, and began tuning it. It took about three tunings to get the pegs to stick, but it finally held a tune long enough to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and a few scales.
As I was putting it away, I noticed the bridge had slid crooked while I was tuning it, so I will have to re-loosen things to put it back in its proper place.
Eamon and I have been playing his little cello, sometimes separately, sometimes at the same time, so I have a hope that it will come back quickly, but he will pass me rapidly, I am sure. I hope that by attending classes with him, I can keep up at least enough to play a few duets in the future.
Malcolm is excited about our string family: mommy cello, little boy cello, little boy guitar, and daddy piano. Currently mommy and the boys are resting in the corner, waiting to be practiced tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment