Monday, January 25, 2016

Well, its a new year...

I didn't mean to take an over a month long hiatus from writing on this blog. It has been a little crazy with all the holiday stuff with family and friends and church. I have thought from time to time about blog posts, but I have thought about them at all the wrong times, and haven't even written down the ideas so I could write about it later.

When the new year rolled around, and people started talking about resolutions and goals, I began to get a little overwhelmed. Sure I have goals and things I want to happen, but the first step toward them seems very daunting. For example, I have a touring production I am supposed to be working on. I have gathered resources and started working, but it is incredibly daunting to sit down and work, knowing that I will be interrupted 5 million times, unless I do it during naps, which is my only time that I am free to do chores without boys (and one of the boys is beginning to boycott naps).

There are also goals that are dependent on other things. For example, I would like to start getting up earlier, showering before Thomas, and being ready for the day by the time the boys wake up. Unfortunately, they wake up if they think someone else is awake. Or one is randomly awake (and cuddly) from 4-7 and the other one wakes up just as the first is drifting off to sleep. And since I am not getting things done during the day, bedtimes get pushed back later... Well, you get the idea.

Then there are the life goals that are so vague it often feels like no progress is being made, like being more kind and loving, being a better mom or wife.

So when it comes to goals and resolutions, I am thankful that I get a fresh start every day. All I can do is "put one foot in front of the other," take each moment as it comes, give up control, and love whoever there is to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment