I just realized how long it has been since I wrote on my blog. It is sad because so much has happened and there were so many funny things that would have been great to record, but I can't remember them now. But "omittance is no quittance."
So Merry Christmas! I love the season of Advent. This is the second year we have celebrated it as a family. And the first one where we will be home the entire time. We were able to do the reading at our church for the second week of Advent, and we have a special part in the Christmas program. Eamon is getting excited though I don't think he knows what for exactly. He knows Christmas is coming, but he doesn't know what that means.
On the Feast of St. Nicholas, he put his shoes by the front door and when he woke up he found a pear in one and a candy cane in the other. It was his first candy cane. He loves them now. We decorated our tree (and living room) and he help (make a mess) but he likes the lights and the candles and various decorations all about. He also like reading the Christmas books we borrowed from the library.
Malcolm also likes the lights and the music that we play. I left him in the room with the Messiah playing and he sat there contentedly for quite a while. Then he was very fussy when I turned off the music. He tries to grab the lights, but then realizes they are too far away and just stares at them.
In other news, the only room that isn't somewhat unpacked is our bedroom/my office. The other rooms are not completely unpacked and settled in, but they have come a long way. There aren't boxes everywhere and I know where most everything is. My sew room is also set up, and the things that go in storage (clothes, bedding, decorations, etc.) are in their places. And my kitchen wants to be re-organized now that I have used it for a little over a month. However, I feel that I can take a little bit of a break from the house to celebrate Christmas now.
Tomorrow is Malcolm's 4 month appointment, so I will do a boys update soon. And post some pictures when I get them off my camera. Life rushes on. Good night for now.
Miss you, Ros! :)
ReplyDelete:-)
Delete