Monday, April 15, 2013

Food Adventures

As I have said before, my child is a rather picky eater. He likes his baby food. He likes most fruits and vegetables (as long as they are pureed) and he like jelly toast and cookies. (This isn't really the entire list, but it gives you the idea.)

However, the day of his eighteen month appointment, he ate an entire fish stick without being coaxed or fed. He didn't want more than one, but he ate that one without a fight. Then he ate a French fry with relish - sweet relish, that is. (He has been eating French fries for a while, but has never wanted anything on them.) And to top it all off, he ate and ate green peas - not pureed. It was a good night.

Also within this past week, I have discovered his incredible delight in peanut butter. We have had PB&J's and PeanutButter Banana sandwiches and he has always made sticky mouth faces, so I assumed peanut butter wasn't his favorite thing. But one day, I had peanut butter on my apples and gave him a slice, just to see what he would do. He loved it - chewed off the peanut butter side and asked for more. He wanted some the next day too. Today, I offered him apples and peanut butter, but he was not as interested in the apple as he was the peanut butter. He didn't quite lick off the peanut butter and ask for more, but pretty close.

He then turned down a homemade chocolate chip cookie... I am going to say that was because he was so tired.

Maybe, just maybe, he will be eating something besides baby food by the time he is 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment