Monday, December 17, 2012

Update

Life has been crazy in our house! Between sickness and Christmas and such, we have been so busy!

Eamon is either teething or has a dreadful cold or both. Last Monday, he had a fever, and I feared an ear infection. Tuesday it was still around, so I called the doctors and went on Wednesday to get him checked out. In the meantime, I treated his ear with garlic olive oil. He didn't have an ear infection, but the runny nose has only gotten worse. Last night he cried piteously on and off from 12:30 to 3:00. We gave him some Ibuprofen and he finally fell asleep. During the day, he sometimes acts like his normal self, but then other times is so clingy and whiny; I think something must be wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Because my sister-in-law, who usually watches my Grandmother while my mother teaches, has morning sickness all the time, I have been watching Grandmother for the past two Wednesdays. I also watched her last Tuesday before my mother took us all out to her house to make Christmas cookies. She is such a sweet lady, but it is sometimes hard to get anything done with her around trying to help with Eamon. The trouble those two unknowingly get into! She tells him not to do things he is allowed to do, so he gets frustrated and goes to do things he knows he isn't allowed to do. I have to keep such a close eye on them both.

I have also been helping a small group of students with a mime/dance presentation to go along with a choir song for their Christmas program coming this Thursday. It has taken a bit of time and lots of coordinating rides to get me to rehearsal and home again. They did it for the first time in front of people today and they did really well. Just a few more days and a few more practices and it will be done.

In every spare moment, I have been trying to work on some doll dresses for a friend of mine's little girls. They should have been very easy to make, but I had some technical difficulties with the elastic, and kept making stupid mistakes. They are done now, and I am happy with them.

So that means I haven't been very good at blogging or such, but I am planning on writing the rest of the costume posts over Christmas so I can post them when I get home.

And just in case I don't get on again for a while, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment