Thursday, November 29, 2012

Eamon's Animals

The other day, Thomas showed Eamon how to beat on his chest like a gorilla. I did it with him the next day. Now when I ask Eamon what gorillas do, he grabs his chest (or belly) and bounces up and down.

Whenever he sees a kangaroo, he bounces and grins.

Today he saw a picture of a chicken and said, "bock, bock."

He tries to make an elephant sound, but he just looks like he is constipated. He doesn't make a sound, but he is trying so hard.

On the first page of the Richard Scarry word book, there is a picture of a moose, a mouse, and a mosquito. We say each of the words, then he slaps the mosquito several times.

I got some small stickers to make a matching game for my nephew. Eamon looked at them and was able to pick out the zebra, lion, and giraffe without me telling him what they were. He then picked out their matches.

Each day he is learning more words. Even though he doesn't say a lot of words, he knows what they mean. I have this funny feeling that when he is ready, he will start talking non-stop, just like when he is ready to walk, he will always be moving. It is so fun to watch him learn and make connections and communicate with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment