In response to a conversation with my sister, and my sister-in-law's poem.
When the world is so empty
And falling apart
The things that are strong stay the same
When going gets tough
And the tough get going
There not really a place for the pain
The little things crumble
The weak ones break
And those that can fly away
But I'm broken and hurting
And just lying here
In the middle of all of this wreck.
When a new rhythm enters my heart and my soul
And beats out a brand new song
The pieces of life now form wind chime music
Joining in with the one note hum.
There's beauty in raindrops
There's light through the cracks
There are stars in the darkest of skies
So although not everything's right with the world
There's a hope in the One we can't see
That somewhere there's safety for those that are weak
And somewhere there's a place just for me.
CJK 9/2010
I like that. am I the sister-in-law??
ReplyDeleteyeah :-)
ReplyDelete