Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life in Bullet Points

Life doesn't really fit into bullet points, but sometimes it helps to separate everything so it becomes clearer.

~ It has been over a month. I was thinking about how to explain everything and I can't. It seems that the open wounds in my heart have turned into scabs and bruises that if touched in the wrong way hurt just as much. How is it that emptiness can be so heavy?

~ My downstairs is getting clean! We got a new vacuum cleaner and I am having company - with a crawling baby. So that is doing wonders for my downstairs cleaning projects. Lets see how long we can keep it looking nice...

~ The world cup is a lot more fun that even I expected. I missed a few games that I wanted to see, but I didn't miss the amazing USA goal in overtime! I didn't yell very loudly, but I was pretty happy about it. Besides the USA and England, all the teams I am following have yet to secure their place in the next round, but they are doing pretty well!

~ I have taken some alteration "jobs" (mostly shirts that need to be brought in) and have enjoyed doing a different type of sewing, though it is a lot more tedious that making something from scratch. I haven't worked much on them since last Friday, but my Girls Club Classes took a bit more time than I had planned on giving them.

~ I am teaching Girls Club (like a VBS over the entire summer one night a week rather than one day) There are girls from ages 6-12 so it makes for an interesting way of teaching. I have a wonderful helper though. She does the crafts and memory verses and general help and clarification. We work quite well together.

~ I made strawberry jam with strawberries I picked. The first batch I made with Mom's help, but the second batch (for her) I did all by myself. I was quite proud of myself. And very thankful for my mother's help. She is just a wonderful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment