Monday, March 15, 2010

Three weeks

It has been a while since I posted last. It is not because we haven't been doing things, but life seems to be made up of million inconsequential activities, things that need to get done, but don't seem to have any effect on anything besides my "to do" list and personal comfort. Not that those things are bad, but they are boring sometimes.

But to imply that we haven't done anything out of the ordinary would be incorrect. It has been an exciting three weeks. I went to see Hamlet twice, a baroque choir concert, had a friend over to watch a Japanese movie and completely forgot my father's birthday (bad me!).

The baroque choir concert was performed by a local choir group that has several parts. There was a high school girl's choir that sang first, then the symphonic choir sang some pieces as well as an adult ensemble. It was beautiful and in Latin and my voice teacher sang in it.

Hamlet was performed by a nearby town's theater ensemble. I first saw it with the 11th and 12th graders; then Thomas and I went with some friends. Both were excellent, but I enjoyed the second time better.

The Japanese movie was Shall We Dansu? which I have written about before and is a great movie that anyone who loves to dance should watch.

Now onward to washing dishes, doing laundry, making supper and lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment