I miss Georgia.
I miss the warmer weather and not ice on the streets.
I miss having my food made for me. (Thanks, Mommy)
I miss not having to wake up so early
But mostly I miss Thomas's family.
I miss the conversations
and games
and horses
and just being together
and littlest sister hugs.
But I am glad to be home.
I am glad to have my own space for creative messes.
I like my job
and I get lots of Kidergartener hugs
(though they aren't quite the same.)
I am happy to be with my family
and have conversations with them
and laugh with them
and have "sister moments"
(By the way, my sister got an adorable hair cut today.
It is all fluffly golden curls, but ties back in to a fun bouncy ponytail.)
You know the really neat thing?
I am beginning to realize that lots of places
are nice and homey.
But the place I am most at home
is the house and life I share with Thomas.
Pretty neat that God uses the idea of home
to tell us how much he loves us.)
So true...and the part of our hearts that love and miss and earn to be with family and friends when we're apart is a reminder of the eternity that God has placed in our hearts and that this particular "bean patch" isn't really our home...at least that's how I see it.
ReplyDelete