Friday, September 05, 2008

Last Day of the First Week

I am not really counting down... really... but we have 177 days left of school. The first three have been good. I cannot say they have been great because I teach Kindergarten. The nature of the first three months of Kindergarten is teaching them how the world works. That means they don't know yet, which means that things aren't great.

But I love my kids, every single one of them. I love the way they are so anxious to learn and how excited they are about Kindergarten. I love the way their faces brighten up when they are excited and how pitiful they look when they are sad. I love their little quirks and irritations, and there are plenty of those to love... I am beginning to see hints of problems that we will have to deal with, but right now, they all respond to me very well, and love giving me hugs. Since it has been really warm (in the 80's) and we don't have air conditioning, I haven't wanted too many hugs, but I am looking forward cooler weather.

Today, right before lunch I told them all to go back to their chairs and get ready for a squirt of antibacterial hand sanitizer. They all got in their seats, but kept talking. They got louder and louder until they were almost yelling. Then all of a sudden the sound just died out, and there they were sitting quietly. I figured I must have kept them quiet for too long and their little boy energy had to get out somehow. I found it rather amusing.

Well, Monday is auditions for the highschool play. I can't say I am looking forward to them too much because then I have to figure out what play and who plays what part and people are never happy and what if people don't audition because of last year and I people audition just for the main roles and when they don't get them they get mad at me. Then I have to figure out scheduling and the craziness begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment