I suppose if I don't update often, I shouldn't expect people to comment, but Eeyore was so funny, I kept hoping. He keeps making me laugh. Then I scroll down and see that no one else thought it was funny enough to say anything.
Then I look at facebook and that seems to be were everything is happening. Yet everytime I visit I realize I dislike it more and more. I haven't figured out why. Maybe it is because no one talks to me there either. Maybe that's because I don't talk to anyone. Maybe that is because I don't ever quite know what to say. My life really isn't that interesting unless you like kid stories and random philosophical thoughts, which I post here. And I don't usually say them very cleverly; my husband is better at that.
All that to say, I am rapidly becoming fed up with my online life. Fortunately I have one outside of the internet. Maybe that is why my online life is so bad...
Now a question. Do people like comments such as: "That's great" or "I read this" or "check out this; it has to do with what you said"? Or if I don't feel that I have something to say, is it better to say nothing?
By the way, I like little nothing comments. :-)
I love all sorts comments. I think one main reason for online activity is to generally share ideas - and if no one comments, you get the feeling the ideas aren't actually being shared. :-) I like facebook because several of my good friends use it - it's sort of another means of communication for us. but I still love my xanga blog, even though I think it's mostly just read on facebook... I'm still gonna post on xanga first. oh and I really don't like all the extraneous random stuff on facebook. (I mean... the other day I got this notification: your friend has adopted you as a pet! and I'm like... what was that??)
ReplyDeleteHere is a glorious nothing comment in which I relate the pleasure of reading your posts, infrequent though they may be, and realize that a lack of blogging usually means a life well-lived (if not well documented) and it's the living that matters, right?
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday!
Yes, comments are nice. No, one doesn't get them very often, unless one happens to say something to upset Karl Kilgore...
ReplyDeleteI liked your Eeyore post, too! And I read your blog _regularly_, even though I don't say much. Keep posting!
ReplyDeleteMy dear, this is just a little post from your little friend hoping to encourage you to not totally give up on the online persona. If you do, it will be much harder to "keep up with you" even in small ways. So thank you for persevering. And remember, just because people don't leave comments doesn't mean they aren't reading...hehehe...I'm a horrible lurker on many a blog. :-P
ReplyDeleteI just realized it's like eating something that's been prepared for you and not even saying thanks.
ReplyDeleteOf course, it's not like it was really prepared for me. That would be more like letter writing.
But it's at least like shopping for clothes. When you find something that's really amazing you almost want to thank the manufacturer...
Analogies. Anyway. I'm back on blogger: KDKnowlden.blogspot.com. Fun.
Are you coming down for Ceil's concert? Because if you are then we can enjoy you in the real life. If you are not then we are going to be very sad.
ReplyDelete