Monday, October 22, 2007

The Beginning

What is worth saying when you can't think of what to say?

It isn't that life is boring, or I am unhappy, or that there is nothing to tell about.

It is more that I am uninspired and if I start to talk, I might complain and say things I shouldn't or go all contemplatory and offend people or just ramble and bore my readers.

I could talk about the movies we just watched this weekend. Edward Scissorhands and The New World. Both were good, but in different ways. I just spent the last 15 minutes telling my brother how much I was impressed with the artistry and characterization in The New World, and I can't really write about it yet. Once I have talked it through then thought some more, maybe I can write. That is generally how things seem to be for me. Think, talk, think, write... which is probably why I never write much.

The End

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:37 AM

    I'm glad you saw The New World. Probably one of the prettiest movies I've ever seen... great story too.

    ReplyDelete